Have you ever tried cutting a pumpkin in half only to miss and nearly slice your finger? I have almost every time, until I found the easiest way to bake pumpkins and make my own puree from detoxinista.
It’s no stress, simple, and it will keep your fingers in tact and make you say, “Why didn’t I think of this!”
Easiest Pumpkin Puree
- Sugar Pie Pumpkin (s)
- Glass Pan
- Large Spoon to Scoop Out Pumpkin
- Sandwich Size Baggies
- Freezer Baggie
- 350 degree Oven
- Preheat your oven
- Rinse off your sugar pie pumpkin and create vents by stabbing (for lack of a better term!) them a few times all around. Place in a glass pan.
- Bake on 350 until they turn a deep pumpkin color and soften. This takes about 45 minutes to 1 hour, depending on the size of your pumpkin.
They should look like this….
- Allow to cool.
- Slice open and cool off a bit more until you can work with them.
- Scoop out seeds (you can roast them using one of these yummy recipes or toss them).
- Scoop out the soft flesh of the pumpkin. Puree in a blender until smooth. You may need to add just a touch of water to help blend things, but only use a tad.
- I like to divide my puree into 1 cup – baggies for easier measuring in future recipes.
- I then double bag as many of the sandwich size bags, that will fit, in a large freezer bag.
Use this pumpkin puree in pancakes, waffles, quick breads, smoothies, cookies, pies, soups, or any recipe that calls for it.
Not only is this super easy, but it makes your dish taste so fresh.
Once you use homemade pumpkin puree , you’ll never go back to the canned stuff!
I need to make more to last us all winter.