Earlier in the week I shared with you some Autumn Inspiration and a picture of these delicious gingersnap cookies. They are so easy to make and so hard to stop at just three!
~Here is the Recipe~
No Fail Gingersnap Cookie Recipe
- 1 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup margarine (I use Earth Balance to make these non-dairy)
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup dark black strap molasses
- 2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- 1/2 tsp. ground ginger
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- extra sugar for rolling cookies
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Cream together sugar and margarine. I like to use a stand mixer as this dough is thick.
- Add in egg.
- Mix together all dry ingredients.
- Add alternatively with molasses to your sugar/egg mixture.
- Cover and Chill for 1 hour.
It should look like this before you stick it in the fridge…
After chilling, roll dough into 1″ balls, then roll in extra sugar.
Place on ungreased cookie sheet and bake for about 8- 10 minutes (less if you are using convect bake). The key is not to over bake them. Check them at 7-8 minutes. They should feel done on the outside and still a bit soft to the touch. Remove them immediately to a cooling rack. When completely cool, wrap in an airtight container and place in the fridge or freezer. Allow to come to room temp by setting out shortly before eating.
These are mini size gingersnaps and small enough to place in a jar to gift someone with sweetness.
ENJOY with a Steaming Mug of Cider or Chai Tea.
I guarantee you can’t eat just one, two, or three!