I am always looking for a new twist to breakfast. From time to time, we get in the same rut of eating the same thing for the same meal. Do you? I know you do. We all do at some point! These Ham Cups from Menu Musings of a Modern American Mom were something I made for My Sweetheart, to get us out of the “oatmeal, cereal, or smoothie breakfast rut.”
They’re mini crustless quiches and can be individually filled with your favorite veggies and cheese. You could have these for lunch or dinner with a side salad too. The nice thing is, they’re easy to make, can be personalized to taste, and you can make as few or as many as you’d like.
Here is What I Did:
- Followed this recipe
- I opted to fill mine with fresh mozzarella cheese along with onions and red and green peppers.
- Instead of heavy cream, I chose half and half, to cut some of the calories.
- I found that 1 egg, scrambled , fills approximately 2 regular size muffin cups.
- I used Trader Joe’s Uncured Black Forest Ham as it was the perfect size and shape for my tin.
- I used small ramekins for several and that worked well too.
- These can be filled with all kinds of your favorite veggies, cheese, or herbs. Think of the possibilities!
- I made them fresh and had a few leftovers, which I reheated the next day.
- From start to finish, these take about 30 minutes.
Thanks Menu Musings of a Modern American Mom for pulling me out of the breakfast rut!
*Trader Joe’s has not paid me to endorse their Uncured Black Forest Ham*
- * The recipe website may take some time to load*