Pin It! Tried and True Tuesday # 17
10 Minute Vintage Pillowcase Apron
Have you ever received a “just because” gift? I have! A friend made me one of these Vintage Pillowcase Aprons a while back and I love it. It is so soft and has many uses: crafting, cleaning, gardening, or use it for keeping track of money at your next yard sale. It has great deep pockets which makes it helpful for straightening the house. I don’t know how this happens 😉 but inevitably things upstairs always find their way downstairs and vice versa.
It comes together in such a fast and ingenious way. The tutorial is found here on Betz White. Thanks Betz for a useful and creative way to repurpose a vintage pillow case. I’ll be making more of these in the future!
Here is what I did:
- Followed the tutorial
- Added a bit of extra ribbon to trim out the pocket
- Embellished the pocket with a floral pin (removable for washing)
- Your vintage pillowcase may not be completely “square.” Ironing during the sewing process will help.
- Adding the extra ribbon trim (as I did) will also help if your ends don’t match exactly.
- This really does take only 10 minutes! With the addition of ribbon and embellishments you will need to add a few extra minutes.
I think I will carry on the “just because I love you” gifting.
This apron will be finding new purpose soon in the hands of another.