Pin It! Tried and True Tuesday # 14
Tropical Pineapple Dip
The 4th of July is just a few days away. Do you know what you are bringing to the BBQ table? This tropical pineapple dip from More Than a Mom of Three, is an unexpected and refreshing appetizer. I made it for Memorial Day and everyone enjoyed it while the grill was warming and people were gathering.
Here is what I did:
- I followed the recipe
- After cutting off 1/3 of the top of pineapple, I scored both the bottom and top and dug out the pineapple. I used some of the pineapple chunks for dipping and the rest I shredded for the dip.
- I served this dip with Mangos, Pineapples, Strawberries, and Cinnamon Pita Chips from Trader Joes.
- It is best to do all your mixing, for your dip, in a separate bowl, then put it back into your drained pineapple bowl.
- This is best chilled for at least 30 minutes before serving.
- When purchasing your pineapple, make sure you select one that is not only ripe, but that has a uniform shape which will sit evenly on your platter.
- From start to finish this takes only about 15 minutes to prepare.
- It is super easy and makes a colorful display for any table.