Pin It! Tried and True Tuesday # 11
Crunchy Cashew Thai Quinoa Salad with Ginger Peanut Dressing
Last night I had cilantro in the fridge…lots of cilantro and we didn’t feel like eating burritos. I pinned (about two months ago) this dish I have been wanting to try, Crunchy Cashew Thai Quinoa Salad originally from the Ambitious Kitchen. While it does have a few more ingredients and prep takes a bit longer than most salads, it didn’t disappoint. If you like Asian flavored dishes and a lot of crunch, you should give this one a try! We enjoyed ours out on the patio.
Here is what I did:
- I followed the recipe but opted out of the optional chickpeas.
- I added cashews, but as the recipe states, peanuts are an option too.
- I was so excited to eat this, I forgot the lime wedges! I’ll have to try that next time.
- In my opinion, this is better chilled.
- Next time, I will add a tad less cilantro (my personal taste).
- I tossed the entire salad with a couple teaspoons dressing and then added more per dish to personal taste.
- I would add the cashews just before serving as to keep them crunchy (especially with leftovers).
- This does take about 25 – 30 minutes to prepare.
We have left overs, so it will be lunch today, which they say is even