Pin It! Tried and True Tuesday # 10
There are a lot of different no bake “energy bite” recipes on Pinterest, but I especially love these because they use six ingredients I always seem to have in my fridge or pantry. I make these often. They’re a great grab and go snack.
This recipe was uploaded by its user and has no link, so I am not sure who to officially give credit to, but the recipe can be found right on this pin.
Here is What I Did:
- I followed the recipe
- I used a crunchy peanut butter instead of smooth
- You will definitely want to use a mixer (stand mixer…if you have one) to blend all the ingredients well
- In the past I have switched out the flaxseed for about 1 TBSP of chia seeds. You may have to add a bit more oatmeal if it is too wet.
- I have also made this recipe with almond butter to replace the peanut butter. I haven’t tried other seed butters yet.
- I usually use mini chocolate chips because it makes them roll into balls better.
- The above picture of energy bites was taken from an earlier batch I made ( I told you I make them often) and instead of chocolate chips I crushed up a favorite dark chocolate bar. Peanut butter and dark chocolate-is there a better combination?
- These work up in about 5 minutes, but are best chilled.
- They are not low calorie, but 2 or 3 are satisfying for a mid morning snack or after a workout.