Pin It! Tried and True Tuesday # 6
Gardener’s Hand Cream
While I don’t consider myself a “gardener,” growing results like the magazines, I do love flowers and getting out in the yard, with the attempt at keeping things green and growing! Whether it’s gardening, cooking, crafting, or life in general, I am constantly using my hands and they seem to get dry a lot.
Here is What I Did:
- Followed the recipe.
- I used olive oil and corn starch as my options.
- I scented mine with 10 drops of NOW essential lavender oil purchased from a local health food store. I got it for less than the Amazon price ;).
- It is best to whip the shea butter very well before adding the other ingredients. I could have whipped mine longer. After all ingredients were combined, I whipped it for 10 plus minutes using a stand mixer. I stopped occasionally to scrape the sides of the bowl.
- Using olive oil will give you a cream colored lotion and not a true white.
- This lotion is very emollient and tends to be a bit greasy. It works especially well on hands and/or feet for nighttime use before bed.
- To create the lotion and tag, from start to finish, took about 20 minutes.
- There are a lot of different DIY beauty products on her website. It’s worth a look.
- Printable labels are available. I printed mine on floral cardstock.
This would make a thoughtful Mother’s Day gift too!