I was going to have a craft for you this week, but had a bit of a dilemma. Check back next week when it will be finished!
Pin It! Tried and True # 4
GF Oatmeal Muffins
You don’t have to be gluten free to enjoy these Oatmeal Muffins from A Couple Cooks. They’re a great basic oat muffin and the perfect pair with tea or coffee. I made them twice. The first time I followed the recipe, but found they had too much of that baking powder taste for my liking. The second time I adapted a few little things.
Here is what I did:
- Lessened the baking powder to 1 1/4 tsp.
- Added 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- Added 1/4 tsp. ground nutmeg
- Used Unsweetened Almond Milk (same amount as regular milk)
- I used muffin cups instead of greasing the pan
- Filled each muffin cup using a little less than a 1/3 rd measuring cup
- These are not sweet tasting. If you want yours sweeter, you might try sprinkling with a bit of sugar before baking or adding in more honey than the recipe states.
- My baking time lessened to 20 minutes (this will depend on your elevation)
- I used Trader Joe’s GF Oats, but you can grind any rolled oats of your choice.
- Making 12 muffins, start to finish, took about 30 minutes.
* This is my oatmeal muffin go-to recipe because the flavor can be changed up in so many ways.
Try Adding Some of These Combos:
* Keep in mind, you will need to either add more flour or milk when using the below combos in order to get your desired batter consistency.
- Juice from half of a freshly squeezed orange, a tsp. of orange zest, and 1/4 cup dried cranberries …or…
- 1/3 cup chopped dates and 1/3 cup chopped apples with walnuts (as recipe states)…or…
- 1/3 cup dried chopped apricots and 1/2 cup chopped candied pecans
Enjoy and let me know if you try these!