Pin It! Tried and True Tuesday #2
Here is what I did:
- I followed the recipe, but because of my dairy allergy, used Earth Balance instead of real butter. It didn’t hurt the texture or flavor one bit. I imagine real butter would make it even creamier.
- For the melted chocolate, I used Trader Joe’s Dark Chocolate Pound Plus Bar from Belgium. They know how to make chocolate!
- This cake looks hard to make but is very easy.
- The cake would feed quite a few as it is very rich and a sliver is enough. I cut a large piece for the photo, but it did get eaten ;).
- Don’t overcook this cake. I baked mine for 35 minutes (the recipe says 40-45 mins.) so test for doneness before baking longer.
- I refrigerated my cake overnight before adding the chocolate ganache type frosting.
- I dusted the top with powdered sugar and chocolate shavings…as if there wasn’t enough chocolate already!
~ It’s a Chocolate Lover’s Dream ~